1) A PhD or Master’s degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, with a passion for research and a strong grasp of current academic/industry trends as well as written conventions in this field and its subfields
2) Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
3) Experience with managing people and/or projects.
4) Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment.
1) Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
2) Interpersonal skills.
1) Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers
2) Poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
3) Client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
4) Handle manuscripts on topics ranging from Geology, Atmospheric Science, Climate Science, 5) Weather Studies, Space and Planetary Science & Environmental Science.
6) Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and proactively provide feedback on their editing assignments.
7) Mentor new team members to enable them to work independently
8) Understand client and industry requirements and adapt the working approach accordingly