1) Good communications skills- The ability to communicate, verbally as well as in writing,
2) Critical thinking -The ability to ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions, and determine what is relevant and what is not in the decision-making process
3) Negotiating skills - in dealing with one or multiple suppliers
4) Comfortable interacting at multiple levels - From drivers on up to the CEO, fleet managers interact with other employees at all levels of the company, and must be comfortable communicating with all of them.
1) Will be responsible for managing the Fleet of the organization with a focus on Commercials & containing cost.
2) Responsible for managing aspects of Maintenance & Contract management with experience in strategic sourcing, contract management, vendor management, estimation, commercial operations and cost control.
3) Proficiency in managing finalization, negotiation, development & implementation of key procurement strategies/ contingency plans with a vendor while ensuring that plans are aligned to the requirements of the organization
4) Skilled in implementing cost savings measures to achieve a reduction in terms of procurement solutions (cycle time etc.)
5) Create departmental and fleet expense and capital budgets, to submit for approval to management.
6) Track performance versus forecast on a daily/weekly monthly basis.
7) Analyze and determine what vehicles to purchase/lease, and how they are to be equipped.
8) Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and other procedures.
9) Determine what fleet processes should be outsourced, to which suppliers they should be awarded, and to act as primary contact with all suppliers. Track supplier performance.
10) Manage or perform regular lease vs. purchase analysis in concert with corporate finance departments.
11) Chair company safety committee, determine charge ability of all accidents and execute company fleet policy when action is required.
12) Report fleet expense performance regularly to management, including an annual report when submitting the coming years budget.
13) Oversee the sale of (if leased) via wholesale or auction (if owned).