1) Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
2) Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and Future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
3) Designs, implements, manage and monitor procurement reporting Systems to meet organizational requirements.
4) Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to organizational policy.
5) Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
6) Oversees all activities related to procurement of an item, from intent to purchase through the delivery of the item.
7) Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
8) Negotiate purchase/sales contracts and renew and review contracts for trading, operations and customer relations.
9) Visit vendor/supplier places to inspect products quality and may arrange for service contracts.
10) Co-ordinating with the supplier for new products development and implementation.
11) Control purchase department budgets.
12) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
13) Participate in the development of specifications for products or substitute materials.
14) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
15) Review, evaluate and approve work orders.
16) Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise cost.
17) Perform other related duties as required.